Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Who Do You Love?

Or at least support. Find out here. I'm currently supporting Mitt Romney for president, and according to this, he's my top match (91.18% match). Of the other major Republican candidates, the rest of the candidates rank as follows: Fred Thompson, Mike Huckabee, John McCain, and Rudy Giuliani. I find that interesting because I've recently begun hoping for a Romney-Thompson ticket. The list doesn't perfectly track with my preferences, though, because I prefer McCain over Huckabee for foreign policy reasons.

The calculator ranks all of the candidates, not just those from one party, so it ranked the Democrats for me as well. Now, I haven't seriously considered voting for any of the Dems because I have too many disagreements with them on first principles and fundamental issues, but I still have my preferences, and the calculator gets these right too, though this more or less coincidence. Coming in at the top for the Dems is Bill Richardson (a 32.35% match), followed by Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, and Dennis Kucinich (an 8.82% match).

No comments: